Skip to content


March 30, 2012

The last two weeks have been a whirlwind.  In brief:

  • We had a wonderful wonderful vacation and enjoyed the beautiful beach wedding of Susan (“Aunt Special”) and Charles.  The outdoor reception was kid-friendly with chicken fingers and bubbles and crayons galore.  Miss P took the dance floor by storm shouting out “One more song!” at the end of each number.
  • It was hard to come back. But we did.  Our van wouldn’t start.  Then it did.  Yay.
  • I brought back bad swimmer’s ear infections in both of my ears. Boo.
  • Through a series of unfortunate events involving needing “wicks” in both ears and an inability to find a clinic with openings I ended up in the ER with all three little children for the procedure.  Dan was incensed that the Target Minute Clinic wouldn’t do it.  “It’s so easy to put in an ear wick,” He kept insisting, until finally I invited him to fashion one and stick it in my ear himself.  Then he stopped insisting.
  • Swinging by the emergency room on my way home from work with children in tow was not a good idea.  There wasn’t even a t.v. to occupy them.  Imagine!  They spent the hour making culinary creations out of sanitizing hand foam and trying to convince Miss P to eat them.  They got louder and louder and sillier and sillier.  They broke into the rubber gloves and emptied a whole box of Kleenex.  They drove the hospital bed around the room until a nurse rushed in to lock the brakes.  I took my mother’s good advice and did not try to keep them  quiet and, as a result, we got very prompt service!
  • I was home from the ER less than two hours when, while folding the EIGHTH load of trip laundry a bat flew into our bedroom and right at my head.  Dan trapped it in our comforter and then stomped on it until it was dead.  Miss P was the only child up (because we were both too tired to put her to bed) to witness the bat drama.  Dan went right back to reading his book, but Miss P and I felt the need to debrief for the rest of the evening. Our conversation went like this:  “I was so nervous.  Were you nervous when the bat was flying around?”  I’d ask.  “No, P not nervous.  I yiked it.” She insisted.  Then we debate whether or not it’s still in the house.  Then back to whether or not we were nervous.
  • Dan and I had a brief argument about whether or not to put the comforter back on the bed. I won.  It’s in the wash.
  •  And that’s about it.  (Trip pics below.)

2 Comments leave one →
  1. Beth Saav permalink
    March 30, 2012 2:33 am

    As usual, you have me laughing out loud. I read this to my husband, who commented, “Our lives aren’t that exciting.” I beg to differ, especially after hosting 10 kids for our 2nd’s bday party today. I’m pooped!

  2. Ge Ge permalink
    March 30, 2012 10:58 am

    The pictures are beautiful.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: